Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Gift From the Soda Gods

I was lunching at Five Guys today, the home of incredible burgers and huge amounts of fries.  I went with a small cheeseburger (one patty is good enough for me) with all the trimmings which later turned out to be amazing. As I was waiting on my food I went to get my drink and found this replacing the usual fountains:


'Oh wow', I said, 'what a cool product.'  It looks so shiny and you get a few more options than normal.  I touched the Coke button to go for normal Coke and that's when my surprise overtook me that I literally gasped.  After you choose a drink option it brings you to a new screen that gives you more options based on the drink you chose.  Want a raspberry Coke?  What about a peach Sprite, grape Mello Yellow or even a strawberry Fanta?  You can fill your cup with any of these options.  It can even give you a vanilla Barq's root beer and yes, it is everything you would imagine it would be.

This is Coke's flagship soda fountain named "Coca-Cola Freestyle" and is designed to give you over 125 drink combinations.  As a self-proclaimed soda addict, I was so mesmerized by the selection that i wanted to spend the rest of the day sipping the different variations.  I had to get my vanilla cola fix because it's been forever since I've had an official Vanilla Coke but I will be back soon to try out some more adventurous flavors. 

Man, I'm getting awful thirsty thinking about all the amazing drinks that can be had.  I'm gonna track something down...

This guy has a cool site talking about it as well.

No comments: